University Credit

Many universities and institutions will grant academic credit for course work completed at the Cuernavaca Language School under foreign studies. If you are interested in earning credit for your studies, please visit the Study Abroad Office or the proper department at your university to get advice of the recognition process.


Most institutions request that the student provide the Language Department with the information describing the program and a planned study program for their pre-approval. After completing your studies with us, the Cuernavaca Language School will send a letter to the University where credit is to be issued giving the details of the dates, class size, material studied, hours spent per day in class, summary of weekend cultural activities, and other pertinent information.

Some institutions also request that a letter grade be issued upon the completion of your studies. In these cases, an examination will be administered and a grade will be issued. You will be provided with a transcript describing your course work and indicating your grade. This will serve as your documentation.

At the end it is always the student’s responsibility to work with his or her University to have the credit posted to the student’s permanent record. We at the Cuernavaca Language School will be glad to assist in this effort in every way we can.